Here are three images linked into this thread ( & hosted over at LHF ).
The idea here is to find out if these images continue to be displayed ( after the initial post has been made ) & after 24 hrs has elapsed since posting.
![]()
Here are three images linked into this thread ( & hosted over at LHF ).
The idea here is to find out if these images continue to be displayed ( after the initial post has been made ) & after 24 hrs has elapsed since posting.
![]()
Not to drag this OT, but unless I'm missing a trick it is clear that HB leaves a bit to be desired when it comes to robust pic/attachment hosting.
(I'd posted some 604 pics/scans at one point:
http://www.hostboard.com/forums/f700...highlight=M600
...they disappeared?)
I'm chomping at the bit to repurpose my 828-G cabinets, and to document it.
It would be a pic-heavy thread - and frankly I am inclined to start it over on DIY for this reason.
Todd, AB, ...is there any chance that pic/attachment hosting will be improved with the (ongoing?) migration?
Something like 1024x768 or better would be welcome. Of course we imagine resolution/storage costs money, how much (?).
* we also see in the 'additional options' section " Add post images to gallery ".
I've omitted this presuming it would tax the server.
Is this a usefull option in this context?
( I suggest that you ) Click on "Settings", then click on "Attachments" ( found under the "Miscellaneous" heading on the left hand side ) to view which attachments are still held within your account ( they may auto-delete as one adds newer attachments ).
OTOH, yesterday I had 2 picture links disappear ( both pics pointed to one of your pics hosted over at DIY Multi-Way ).
- They disappeared within an hour.
- Today I find 2 alternative pics located there ( both the same pic of the N500E that's seen in this thread ).
- Oddly, neither pic was tied into my Hostboard Account ( attachments ).
- I deleted both pics ( since they were never meant for your thread ).
![]()
Quick and clean,
Post here -
diyAudio
guns kill people,
like spoons made rush limbaugh,
fat ....
Hi Gearfreak,
I'm taking the liberty ( hope you don't mind ) of linking in 2 of your pics from DIY Multi-Way to see if they're stable within this thread ( they weren't in your Hostboard GPA 416 thread ).
Altec 515-8G (x4) impedance curves ( pic#1 seen below );
Added cone mass via "Trivet" courtesy of Walmart ( pic#2 seen below );
Let's see if these 2 pics keep displaying for 24hrs.
edit: NOPE that was quick ( within 60 minutes )
- ( the 2nd pic has disappeared & the first was auto-replaced with another pic )
![]()
Last edited by Earl K; January 8th, 2019 at 09:33 AM.
No worries at all, thanks for trying and testing the alternatives.
I had some problem (in that 604 thread?) likewise with images flip-flopping, so conjecture - but perhaps the problem is in HB, and not the fact that it is linking externally as such.
* Thanks for the instructions on how to check attachments above. I have some old crap in there to purge for sure. Even so, the 1mb limit, urgh.
Bookmarks